2011/03/22

Every Two Years...New Beginnings...

It seems that I get back to posting something just about every two years. I'm not sure why I am away so long between updates. Must just be life getting in the way. I always intend to get back to it the next day, but it just keeps getting stretched out until I forget I was even planning on posting something. Once again I find myself drawn back to posting sometime in late winter/early spring when I haven't been able to get outside in a while and I feel cooped up. It may have to do with the lack of outside time finally getting to me or just me finally remembering to get back to it. Anyway, I am apparently easily distracted by life and I now pledge to do everyting in my power to post at least once a day for the next week. After that I make no promises. Ontil I reach that point, we will all see what happens. Who knows, I might actually accomplish the task! Wouldn't that be exciting.

Now I just have to figure out what I have to talk about and get my random thoughts into some sort of an order. There are so many topics to choose from. I may need to ask the wife and kids for help or maybe I'll finish what I started when I wrote about making a simple batch of mead. That would be good. The only part I have left to write about Transforming the Mundane into the Sublime is what you need to do once the fermentation has finished. Should be simple enough...but...

I could also write about the woodworking I've been doing lately or the plans for this years garden. Another thing I could talk about is being a home school dad, something I've been "wrangled" into talking about next month at our homeschool co-op's Homeschool 101 session for prospective homeschool families. I could always touch on photography again, but I haven't been doing too much of that since the last time I talked. I have gone on a couple of good hikes in the last year, I could give the account of those for whoever is interested...So many possible subjects...You can see why I have a difficult time picking anything to talk about!

For instance, I could also talk about the hunting and fishing I've been doing. Even better, I could talk about the camping trips I've been on and the wonderful places I've seen. That would be really interesting to some of you. But where to start. That is the major dilema. My other problem is that I also see myself starting to write about one aspect of what is going on and being distraced and talking about other things that are going on as well. It is definitely hard to keep on topic when there is so much to write about.

I think I'll wrap up this little package by saying that I will do my best to keep things interesting and not bore everyone with the mundane details about anything and everything. I'll try to keep this as varied and interesting as you, the readers desire. With that in mind, please don't hesitate to post comments on my articles and tell me what you don't like. Also, please be sure to tell me what I do that you do like so I can keep it going. Feel free to suggest topics for me to talk about and I will see what I can do...no guarantees though! If it does not interest me, I will not write about it. Also, while I intend to stay on topic in a given article, understand that the topics will be greatly varied and may have nothing to do with any other topic I have talked about before and I reserve the right to change my mind whenever I wish to.

On comments and commenters: Try to keep the comments on the positive side of things though, no nasty comments to me or other readers will be tolerated. I will remove them from the site as I find them.

Well, I guess that is all for now. I hope I have not bored anyone to tears. As it stands now, I will be back tomorrow with another artice. I hope you will find it interesting and that it keeps you coming back from time to time to see what else I have to write about.

Until next time, keep yourself and your family safe and warm, and above all, enjoy life as much as you can.

TroutAngler

No comments: